The Top 5 Mistakes Actors Make in Shakespeare Auditions

Wednesday

This Is A Song I Wrote For You

I'm taking a break from Breaking Down the Bard to wish you all a Merry Christmas!
My Wednesday posts full of tips and tricks for understanding and performing Shakespeare will resume next week!

This Shakespeare quote is from Henry IV Part 2!
Four years ago, I wanted to make something special for my family for the holidays. I live in New York City, and most of my family is in Seattle, so we don't get to see each other as much as we would like. I had a little tune stuck in my head, so I got to work right after Thanksgiving and created this song to share with my loved ones. That's the wonderful thing about creating art for yourself and others: I got to put my creative energies to work, be a little silly, and work outside of my comfort zone by filming myself singing and playing the only three chords I know on the ukulele; but my family got to have something that was made especially for them, that they could watch as many times as they wanted. Bonus: it cost me nothing to make, and it's still something my loved ones enjoy!

I may have written this song for my family, but I'd like to extend this to my readers as well. Have a Merry Christmas, everyone, and do something with your talents that lets people in your life know that they're special and loved by you!


This Song's All About Christmas
Written and Performed by Emily Philio

 We celebrate each year on December 25th
By gathering up our loved ones and exchanging some gifts
So I'm sending my love from Atlantic to Pacif'
With this song I wrote for you

This is a song I wrote for you (3x)
And this song's all about Christmas
I hope that you like Christmas

It's all about the birth of a special kid
Who changed the world with the things that he did
He fought evil when others would've run and hid
I'm not talking about Harry Potter
(Harry Potter was born in July)

A fat man in red commits some B & E
There'll be coal for you and presents for me
It's the special time of year we get to murder a tree
In the name of holiday cheer

A word of caution for you all, my dears,
The fruitcake's been re-gifted for the last six years
Dancing under mistletoe won't make you Britney Spears
You probably just had too much eggnog
(Kids, eggnog gets better when you're older)

This time of year, the world is filled with joy
As we wish for peace for future girls and boys
It's not figgy pudding, tinsel, or new toys
It's about the gift of love

Have a Merry Christmas!

 Wanna step up your Shakespeare game in time for Audition Season? 
Email shakespearecoach@gmail.com to schedule your first lesson!
Click here to get my FREE cheat sheet on the Top 5 Mistakes Actors Make in Shakespeare Auditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment